Journey to McKenna

Journey to McKenna is the story of my long road to my daughter.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

China Adoption Process

China has an 8% Quota for single women (1 single woman for every 12 married couples) can adopt. The Quota year is from December 1st – November 30th.

When I first contacted Holt, on February 28, 2005, I was placed on the Single’s Waiting List. I had to wait to get an open Single’s slot for the 2006 Quota year. Even if I got a slot, I would have to wait until December 1st, 2005 to submit my paperwork to China. I thought there might not be an available slot for me during the 2006 Quota year, so I was expecting to have to wait a year or 2 to even BEGIN the process.

Much to my surprise, on June 22, 2005, Holt called to say that I could begin the paperwork in July 2005, for submission to China beginning 12/01/05!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home