Sent in I-600A application (again!)
.

.
On Thursday afternoon 7/26/07, I received a voice message from my Social Worker, saying that they had just heard, from our local USCIS office, that if I sent in my I-600A (renewal) application by the 7/28/07 postmark, I would be eligible for 3 years worth of free renewals (???)
I had heard some things about 1 free renewal, but I thought that it was only for people whose I-171H expired AFTER 7/30/07. Mine expired 7/10/07, so I didn't think I was eligible.
Plus, a lot of people were racing to re-new theirs before the fees went up (a lot). I was going to wait until at least late Autumn '07 to start the renewal process. I DIDN'T want to have to re-new a THIRD time!!!
With this new information from my Social Worker, I raced to fill out the I-600A application, and dropped it in the mailbox around 10 PM 7/27, for the 7/28/07 postmark.
My Social Worker said I have 1 year to send the updated Homestudy to USCIS (to go with the I-600A application). Once the USCIS receives my updated Homestudy, then I will receive a fingerprinting appointment. After the fingerprints, my new I-171H will come. I'm going to wait as long as possible to send in that updated Homestudy.
$545 I-600A re-application fee + $70 Biometric (fingerprinting) fee = $615 (OUCH!!!)
(It's an especially big OUCH, since I already paid $595 for the first I-171H and fingerprints that expired on 7/10/07 and 3/13/07.)
.

.
On Thursday afternoon 7/26/07, I received a voice message from my Social Worker, saying that they had just heard, from our local USCIS office, that if I sent in my I-600A (renewal) application by the 7/28/07 postmark, I would be eligible for 3 years worth of free renewals (???)
I had heard some things about 1 free renewal, but I thought that it was only for people whose I-171H expired AFTER 7/30/07. Mine expired 7/10/07, so I didn't think I was eligible.
Plus, a lot of people were racing to re-new theirs before the fees went up (a lot). I was going to wait until at least late Autumn '07 to start the renewal process. I DIDN'T want to have to re-new a THIRD time!!!
With this new information from my Social Worker, I raced to fill out the I-600A application, and dropped it in the mailbox around 10 PM 7/27, for the 7/28/07 postmark.
My Social Worker said I have 1 year to send the updated Homestudy to USCIS (to go with the I-600A application). Once the USCIS receives my updated Homestudy, then I will receive a fingerprinting appointment. After the fingerprints, my new I-171H will come. I'm going to wait as long as possible to send in that updated Homestudy.
$545 I-600A re-application fee + $70 Biometric (fingerprinting) fee = $615 (OUCH!!!)
(It's an especially big OUCH, since I already paid $595 for the first I-171H and fingerprints that expired on 7/10/07 and 3/13/07.)
.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home