Journey to McKenna

Journey to McKenna is the story of my long road to my daughter.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

KEY DATES


Here are some Key Dates in my PAPERCHASE:

February 28, 2005 – Contacted Holt, chose the China Program, and got on their Singles’ Waiting List.

June 22nd, 2005 – Holt called to say that I could begin the paperwork in July 2005, for submission to China beginning 12/01/05!!!

July 20th, 2005 – Received application packet from Holt.

July 22nd, 2005 – Sent application to Holt local Branch Office.

July 27th, 2005 – Received Home Study application Packet (Financial Forms, Medical Forms, I-600A, release for Consent for Criminal Background Check).

August 4, 2005 – Mailed consent form for (Child Abuse) Background Check.

August 5th, 2005 – Received Guidebook for Adoption from China from Holt’s Eugene office.

August 12 – 13, 2005 – Parenting classes at Holt’s local Branch office.

September 9, 2005 – Physical Exam and blood tests.

September 16, 2005 – Picked up Notarized Medical Forms from doctor.

October 13th, 2005 – Mailed I-600A form (Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition) to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).

October 18th, 2005 – Brought in Home Study documents (medical form, financial form, Personal Data Information Sheet, etc.) to Holt local Branch office.

November 9th, 2005 – Mailed 8 Original Dossier documents (Prospective Adoptive Parent Form, Application Letter, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Physical Exam, Unmarried Statement, Employment Verification Letter, Certificate of Financial Status, copy of Passport page) to Holt’s Eugene office.

November 11th, 2005 – 1st interview with social worker at Holt’s local Branch Office.

November 15th, 2005 – 2nd interview with social worker at my home.

November 22nd, 2005 – Social Worker e-mailed me copy of the Home Study to review. I’m approved!!!

November 29 - 30, 2005 - State Certification of 6 documents (Application Letter, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Physical Exam, Unmarried Statement, Employment Verification Letter, Certificate of Financial Status).

December 2, 2005 – Obtained local police clearance letter.

December 5 - 15, 2005 – 6 documents (Application Letter, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Physical Exam, Unmarried Statement, Employment Verification Letter, Certificate of Financial Status) Authenticated at San Francisco Chinese Consulate.

December 7th, 2005 – Received letter in the mail from USCIS – Dept. of Homeland Security, saying my fingerprint appointment is 12/13/05!!!

December 13th, 2005 – USCIS Fingerprint appointment!!

January 11, 2006 – My I-171H Form (Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application For Advance Processing of Orphan Petition), from the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, arrived in the mailbox!!!!!!!

January 18 - 20, 2006 – State Certification of I-171H, original home study, and Local Police Clearance.

January 24 – February 6, 2006 - Authentication at San Francisco Chinese Consulate of 1-171H, original home study, and Local Police Clearance.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sharon - I love the time line that you have, it makes everything so clear. Anyone who thinks that adopting a child is any less your child because you did not have it the "traditional way" is crazy. Gosh I only had to deal with morning sickness (I know what you just said in your head GROSS -and I would have to agree). Keep the FAITH and be Patient (great things come to those who wait)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home