Journey to McKenna

Journey to McKenna is the story of my long road to my daughter.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

China Closing To Singles!!! It Looks To Be True!!!!

.

.
We had heard the rumors many, many times in the past, but on 12/8/06, we started hearing confirmations from many different sources that China will be closing to singles who don't have their Dossier Logged In with the CCAA by May 1, 2007!!!!!

At first, I couldn't believe it. Then, I received an e-mail from my agency confirming that several changes will take affect 5/1/07. They didn't say in the e-mail specifically what the changes were, but would advise soon.

For people who already have their Dossier logged in by 5/1/07, then the old rules still apply. Thank Goodness my Dossier was logged in 3/14/06.

Right now, I am just sick! Gone are my dreams of McKenna having a little sister (Mei Mei) who shares the same heritage as her! A sister that she can relate to as having gone through the exact same experience.

I had dreamed, along with 3 of the other women in my "Village" (Kelli, Heidi, and Cindy), of having 2 daughters each. Having all EIGHT of our daughters FROM CHINA being together for Thanksgiving, pictures, etc.

I guess there is some comfort in knowing that our FOUR daughters will be "sisters" in a way and can stick together.


I also feel really bad for all the other singles who were still awaiting slots for 2007 and now won't be able to get in!

Here's another scary thought for the Singles that JUST NOW got a slot for 2007 (I know one agency just called their singles, in the last week or two, with news if they did or didn't get a slot). These agencies were probably giving slots to singles based upon 8% of their TOTAL FAMILIES for the ENTIRE 2007 Quota year. Now, what if the agencies can only give singles slots to 8% of the total families that will be submitting their Dossiers up to 5/1/07?

Say the total number of families for the ENTIRE year was going to be 100. 8 singles would've gotten slots. Now, will they have to calculate only say about 50 families TOTAL submitting dossiers up to 5/1/07? This would only allow 4 singles (8% of 50) to get slots.

I guess we'll find out more information next week.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home