Wanting a Daughter, Gained a Whole Village

I wanted to mention an incredible, unexpected, benefit from going on this Adoption Journey. I set out to adopt a DAUGHTER, and, in addition, I’ve gained a WHOLE VILLAGE. By that, I mean I’ve met and become friends with, at least 50 people, who are in the process of adopting or who have already adopted. I never realized there was an ENTIRE COMMUNITY out there of adoptive parents.
I first met Heidi, Cindy, Margie, Kelli, Lisa, Holly, Deb, Angela, Jodie, Mary, Marilyn, Suzanne, Tamara, Marika, etc. through our local Adoptive Single Parents Yahoo group. We started meeting the last Saturday of every month at coffee shops, bookstores, and parks. We occasionally go to dinner and movies together, and we even have an annual picnic.
Then, there are several couples that I have become friends with through our local Waiting Families (Families with Children from China – FCC) chapter. They hold meetings the first Sunday of every month.
I’ve also met many adoptive parents through my Adoption Agency.
In addition, there are many “cyberspace” friends that I’ve corresponded with, and followed their adoption journey on the Internet, through various Forums (message boards) and Yahoo groups.
My social life has gotten very busy with the Single Adoptive Parent, Waiting Families, FCC, and Adoption Agency meetings. Chinese New Year was especially busy! I went to 3 parties!!
I cannot begin to emphasize how much these new friends and activities have enriched my life!!! I’m forever grateful for the support and friendship of so many members in the Adoption Community! With their help, I will get through the Long Wait, and also learn from them how to travel on this road called Parenthood!



2 Comments:
At 9:58 PM,
Anonymous said…
Sharon this looks great. You really have entered the 21st Century haven't you. Everything Looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.
At 5:09 AM,
Kelli said…
Wow Sharon I love your blog! And it's BLUE!! (I guessed that!) It's amazing this huge group of people who have suddenly appeared from starting this amazing journey, isn't it??!!
Cheers,
Kelli
Post a Comment
<< Home